Flourish - Mentee Journal (Year 1)
Church + Group Leaders - please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and bulk discounts.Features:
- Tips to foster biblical community for the mentee
- Personal study segments to complete over a year
- Beautiful design to foster daily time in God’s Word
- Devotional journal to guide you through 6 thematic sessions over the course of a year, diving deeper into topics of God’s Word, prayer, identity, calling, kinship, and gratitude
- Develop a daily practice of spending time with God.
- Connect with an older, wiser woman, and study God’s Word together.
- Grapple with spiritual concepts such as identity, calling, and more.
- Consider how the stories of individuals fit into the larger redemption story God is writing.
Find valuable tools, videos and resources to help your churches, small groups, or individuals start their own mentoring journey at flourishmentor.com!
First-hand from Flourish Mentoring Journey mentors + mentees of Passion City Church:
This journey has been insanely challenging, beautiful, painful, exfoliating, and all around freedom-seeking, and I could not have been better matched with my mentor in every way possible. This last year was so painful and pushed me to a place where I didn't think God could reach my heart anymore, and through my mentor and the other girls in my group, I found myself shedding layers of sin that had literally formed this encasing over my heart and mind. I was broken without really knowing it. Falling apart with a successful face to mask it. My mentor came around me when I hit rock bottom, when I felt if only people really knew what I'd done, where I came from, what I was struggling with, they wouldn't choose to welcome me in...and she (and they) did. Jesus used them, our church, serving, and the Grove to give me this courage to turn from years of sin patterns and give me beauty from ashes. I hope to be baptized this year, but really wanted to encourage you guys with the incredible impact Flourish is making through the simple act of coming together and being vulnerable, accountable, loving, and following Jesus by knowing I can't do anything without Him.
- Year One Mentee from Passion City Church
Connie has never known her father. As a successful young woman, she’s persevered through many trials and found her way, but with a heart that has not seemed whole. Through social media she actually knows a good bit about her father, but he knows nothing about her, nor seems to care to. She began sharing this deep struggle with our Flourish group, including her desire to reach out to her biological step-siblings. It seemed to consume her thoughts and she struggled with an emotional pull that in many ways felt good and right, so she thought God was leading her to take the next step. As we began talking about the sovereignty of God, trusting in His timing, and the reality that God goes before us to prepare the good works He has for us (Ephesians 2:10), her prayers began to change. Though she struggled at first with the Flourish materials, she really began to resonate with the session on prayer, and already her faith has grown so much! She has peace now, knowing that God will make it clear if and when she should reach out to her father, but more importantly, that she can have deep intimacy with her heavenly Father who will never leave her. She realizes she’s on a journey with God, and the incredible peace He has given her is bolstering her faith.
- The story of a Year One Mentee through her Mentor from Passion City Church